Friends of Blue Spring State Park February 2023 Meeting
DATE: February 20, 2023 (postponed from 14th due to Manatee Release and Valentines Day)
BLUE SPRINGS BREWING & RIVERWALK PIZZERIA
1070 S Volusia Ave, Orange City, FL 32763
Bring Meeting to Order
Introductions / Review Attendance – In Person, Zoom & Absentees Review Secretary’s Report / Minutes – Discussion, Corrections and/or Approval Treasurers Report – prepared by Sally Andrews
Committee Reports, Old & Misc. Business:
- Manatee Festival Re-Cap (see proceeds breakdown) – Karen, Jackie & Connor
- Lyonia Wildlife Festival Re-Cap – Jackie Cheers, Connor Wagner
- Multi-Manatee Release Day / Tabling Re-Cap – Jackie Cheers
- T-SHIRT SALES – Sold Out of some sizes after Release Day. Need to order more. (NOTE: We Approved Ordering 300, but only ordered 200. T-Shirt Committee was working on a new design.)
- Friends Statewide Meeting Jan 26th-27th and Kayaks Update – Heather Murphy
- 4 Year CSO Management Review Feb. 9th – Karen Kellerman
- Membership – Christine Newell & Heather Murphy
- Marketing / Website – Christine Newell
- Newsletter – Missy Gibbs, Rich Hatton & Cora Berchem
- Bricks Update – Trinket Mason
BINGO News – Effective January 12, 2023 Donna Cobb stepped down as the BINGO Coordinator. We need a volunteer to take over this position. Duties Description: Work with on-line Sign-up, coordinate
with Volunteers, arrange for weekly prizes that are donated and/or purchased, etc.
EVENTS & FUNDRAISING / UPCOMING DATES:
- Chirps, Whistles & Squeeks – Connor Wagner, Karen Kellerman & Jackie Cheers February 24, 2023 from 10:00AM to 1:00PM the Atlantic Center for the Arts will be deploying Hydrophones into the St Johns River at the boat launch. Cost will be $5 for Adults and $2 for Children.
- Night of Lights – Katherine Hallum Social Event at the Thursby House – March 16, 2023 – featuring light appetizers, cash bar and after hoursviewing of the sunset & fireflies. Free to Corporate Sponsors. Cost $20 per person.
- Fireflies Lights at Night – Depending upon the Fireflies the Tentative Dates are March 17th to April 2ndThis is a 16 day event (weather permitting). We need volunteers for the table, boardwalk & ranger station. Normal admission to the Park is required ($4 or $6 per car). PLUS an After Hours Event Parking Pass.2021 we charged $14 (during Covid Limited Admission requirements) and in 2022 we charged $10.
- Firefly T-Shirts – Have been ordered in 2 colors with Glow-In-The-Dark Tails
- Bottled Water at Fireflies - Have permission. Plan is coolers + ice + water = $1 per bottle
- SURF’S UP Shaved Ice – working with Adam Cole to have his Tiki Truck at the Fireflies for some or allthe nights. He has Shaved Ice, Fruit Smoothies and Iced Tea. He will Donate 20% of his Sales to the CSO.
- Park Business – Dustin Allen, Darrell Thomas, Connor Wagner
- Manatee Costume: Arrived but not as advertised. Christine is working on following up with the supplier.
- Shed Cleaning Day – Need Volunteers to empty, clean, bug-bomb & organize the CSO Shed.
- Need to Inventory for Fireflies Materials & Swag – possibly re-order
VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
Fire Crew T-Shirts $300 (this is approx. a 2 year supply which we had approved prior to Covid) Mandated Park Uniforms for 2023 – Requested Budget $500 Recognition Awards Quarterly Budget for up to $100 per quarter for supplies (paper plates, cups, etc)
Location for Future Meetings?
GEM Station in Lake Helen - GEM Station is pre-reserved for Tuesdays.
Indoor Space at Valentine Park
Riverwalk Pizzeria & Blue Springs Brewing
Monday or Tuesday?
Any Other New Business?
Schedule Next Meeting Date: MARCH ________ Location:__________________________________
Friends of Blue Spring CSO is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Friends of Blue Spring State Park February CSO Meeting
Time: Feb 20, 2023 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 822 1966 1159
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 305 224 1968 US
+1 309 205 3325 US
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 360 209 5623 US
+1 386 347 5053 US
+1 507 473 4847 US
+1 564 217 2000 US
+1 669 444 9171 US
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 689 278 1000 US
+1 719 359 4580 US
+1 253 205 0468 US
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 822 1966 1159
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/