Posted by Blue Spring State Park CSO on
Friends of Blue Spring State Park October 2022 Meeting
DATE: October 11, 2022
GEM COMMUNITY CENTER 493 S Lakeview Dr, Lake Helen, FL 32744
NOTE: This should provide a quieter atmosphere and a better Zoom Experience. For people coming from the Deltona area PLEASE be cautious there are several roads between Howland Ave and the Lake Helen/Osteen Road that have been affected by flooding & washouts! Accessing Lake Helen from I-4, Orange Camp Rd or N Summit Ave the roads are safe & clear.
Bring Meeting to Order
Introductions / Review Attendance – In Person, Zoom & Absentees
Review Secretary’s Report / Minutes – Discussion, Corrections and/or Approval
Review Treasurers Report– Sally Andrews
COMMITTEE REPORTS & MISC BUSINESS
- Membership / Website – Heather Murphy & Christine Newell
- Fundraising/Events Committee – Katherine Hallum
- Newsletter – Missy Gibbs, Rich Hatton & Cora Berchem
Brick Campaign Update – Trinket Mason
All the Bricks have been received & Certificates Mailed. The Souvenir Bricks arrived last week, so arrangements will be made for those.
- No Nominating Committee – Current Executive Officers are all in 2 Year Terms. No Nominating Committee was required and there will be no Voting at the November Meeting.
- Mosaic Manatee Damaged in Hurricane Ian – Unfortunately during Hurricane Ian a tree branch fell on & cracked the Manatee in half. We had purchased the supplies to repair the tail, but now it looks like we will need to consider replacing the entire Manatee. Need to appoint an Ad Hoc Committee to research options and make a recommendation.
- STOLEN LOGO - Printyworld a/k/a GearLaunch is selling shirts & merchandise with our Friends logo. The company is listed as being in Utah and owned by a person in India.
- REGISTERED TRADEMARK & COPYWRITE LOGO – Christine Newell & Missy Gibbs
- Christmas Parade: Need to decide if we are participating this year? Appoint who will chair this event prior to or by the November Meeting. Need to know who is available to help with decorating & participate in the parade? This will be in coordination with Save the Manatees. A separate meeting can be scheduled to discuss this in more detail should we decide to participate. PARADE DATE: Saturday December 10, 2022 (parade starts at 5pm)
GENERAL ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – Sat. Nov. 5, 2022 from 2PM to 4PM There will be a Special Invitation to our entire Membership to attend this Meeting in the Pavilion at Blue Spring State Park. The Events Committee has proposed providing food & drinks, a looping slide show or video presentation, sign-up sheets for committees & volunteering. This will be more of a social meet & greet event. This will require Members to Pre-Register by October 27th to attend so that we have a head count for food and comply with the 3 week notice.
Please bring any ideas for food & pricing to the Meeting so that we can VOTE and have time to publish the information in the Newsletter. Below are a few ideas so far. Abundance Custom Catering & BBQ
Abundance Custom Catering & BBQ
$10 per person
BBQ Baked Beans
Green Bean Salad with Bacon
Includes tables, tablecloths, warming trays, plates, cups, flatware & napkins
Sandwich Platters with approx. 26-30 finger sandwiches $43.99
3 FT SUB $51.99 = 18 2” portions / 6 FT SUB $99.98 = 36 2” portions
ANY OTHER NEW BUSINESS????
Friends of Blue Spring State Park CSO Meeting - OCTOBER 2022
Time: October 11, 2022 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Next Month’s Meeting Location: Blue Spring State Park
Schedule Next Meeting Date: November 5, 2022 2pm - 4pm