WHO WE ARE
The Friends of Blue Spring is a non-profit organization dedicated to generate additional support for Blue Spring State Park. The funds we raise can provide additional equipment, buildings, programs and renovations according to the needs of the park.
Joining the Friends helps to ensure Blue Spring State Park remains a fun, interesting, educational, and beautiful place to visit! We have monthly meetings every second Monday of the month at 6pm in the Admin Building at Blue Spring State Park.
SOME RECENT PROJECTS...
- The purchase of trailcams to monitor wildlife at the park
- New artwork for the Blue Spring Cabins
- Sale of Firewood
- Installation of antennas to improve radio communication for park staff
- Purchase of storage sheds for the park
(Black Bears recorded with the trailcams purchased by The Friends of Blue Springs)
"MEMBERS ONLY EVENT"
- Firefly Takeover in March (we will offer this event again in Spring 2018!)
- Blues Cruise on the St. John's River in collaboration with the St. John's River Cruises in October
- Next "Members Only" Event: Manatee Walk & Talk with Save the Manatee Club Specialist Wayne Hartley at Blue Spring State Park. Stay tuned for a date in early 2018!
- Admission to "Members Only" Events is included in the yearly membership fee!
(Alligator seen during the recent Blues Cruise Event on the St. John's River)
UPCOMING PROJECTS AND EVENTS
- Orange City Christmas Parade on Saturday, December 9th at 4 p.m. More information in the Events section on our website.
- Manatee Festival on January 27th and 28th, 2017. We need volunteers for our education booth and to help load buses from Valentine Park to Blue Spring State Park. More information in the Events section on our website and at http://themanateefestival.com/
- Blue Spring Rocks! A new program to engage kids and the general public through rock painting at Blue Spring State Park.
- We are starting to work on the Thursby House to eventually restore 1-2 rooms to what they historically looked like and open it to visitors on special occasions. The project will be started in Spring 2018.
NOT A MEMBER YET? JOIN USMemberships are $15/year for individuals and $25/year for families and include 12 free visits to Blue Spring State Park per year.