Lawn Maintenance Volunteer
Lawn Maintenance Volunteer
The volunteer is expected to assist park staff with mowing and trimming throughout the Park which includes Main Park Drive, Admin area, campground, cabins, retention ponds, sewer treatment plant and trails.
Location: Blue Spring Entrance & Parking Lots
Duration: Weekly - April through November
Time Commitment: Shifts are flexible.
Contact: Connor Wagner
Description of Duties:
The Lawn Maintenance volunteer is expected to:
- Assist Park Staff with mowing and trimming throughout the Park which includes Main Park Drive, Admin area, campground, cabins, retention ponds, sewer treatment plant and trails.
- Perform preventive maintenance to lawn equipment.
Benefits to Volunteer:
Volunteering allows you to maintain a valuable Florida resource and provide visitors with a positive and comfortable experience. The Lawn Maintenance volunteer will gain lawn maintenance experience using various lawn maintenance equipment.
Volunteers are provided with a T-Shirt, name tag, and park specific training. Upon completion of 500 hours, volunteers receive an annual pass for all Florida State Parks. Volunteers are eligible for recognition and awards on a district and statewide level. Volunteers are also eligible for workers compensation if injured while volunteering. Volunteers are included in all park staff gatherings as well (potlucks, celebrations, holiday parties etc.)
Standards of Performance:
- It is essential for the Lawn Maintenance volunteer to maintain a friendly and polite attitude.
- The Lawn Maintenance volunteer must have a deep desire to aid park visitors.
- The Lawn Maintenance volunteer should have a desire to continue to learn more about Blue Spring State Park and the Florida Park Service.
- Volunteers are considered staff by park visitors and may be evaluated as such by the public. Always show a professional attitude.
- Lawn Maintenance volunteer will not discuss confidential park information including park staff/volunteer/employee personal information with the public.
- Lawn Maintenance volunteer will not disclose the locations of any money, equipment or other park related sensitive items to the public.
- Lawn Maintenance volunteer are expected to maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Any questions about the Lawn Maintenance volunteer duties should be directed at Park Management.
- Lawn Maintenance volunteer is expected to maintain a proper appearance at all times.
- No park vehicle will be operated after consuming alcohol of any amount.
- Personal safety is the responsibility of the Lawn Maintenance volunteer. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the park. The Lawn Maintenance volunteer is required to wear PPE as required for the task.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Desired:
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are needed.
- The ability to work with others in a high velocity atmosphere.
- The ability to operate lawn maintenance equipment is helpful, but not necessary.
- The Lawn Maintenance volunteer should enjoy working with the public and working outdoors.
All volunteers must be friendly and courteous to visitors at all times.