Some of our recent projects include the renovation of the ranger station at the park entrance (2020), purchase of a shed to store firewood (2019), trail cameras for the park to help with wildlife monitoring, purchase of an antenna to improve communication within the park (2018), new artwork for the park's cabins, assistance with the Blue Spring Manatee Festival and improvements to the volunteer village.
We are also expanding our participation in events and members-only events (once safely possible with the pandemic). For the past years, we offered Firefly Walks during the spring when thousands of fireflies show up at the park, Wildlife and Manatee Walk & Talk tour with wildlife experts, Scrubjay walks, and more. Proceeds from our events help with park improvements.
LIST OF PAST PROJECTS
- Firefly Extravaganza each spring
- Renovation of the ranger station (2020)
- Purchase of a shed to store firewood (2019)
- National Public Land's Day Clean Up (2019)
- Purchase of an antenna to improve radio communication throughout the park (2018)
- Purchase of trailcams to monitor wildlife at the park (2016)
- Purchase of a shade for the volunteer village
- Assistance with the yearly Manatee Festival in January
- Purchase of a kayak and radios for the Blue Spring Manatee Observer Volunteer Group (2017-2020)
- Framed photos for the Blue Spring Cabins (2019)