Traffic & Parking Attendant Volunteer
Traffic and Parking Attendant Volunteer
The Traffic & Parking Attendant is expected to assist park staff with directing traffic at the Park entrance, French Ave and the two parking lots; arrange/remove traffic cones at park entrance; monitor park capacity and parking space availability; close/open parking lots based on capacity; maintain parking spaces and repaint parking space lines; assist Park Staff at the Ranger Station with answering phone line, answering visitor questions and assisting with campground/cabin check-in/out.
Location: Blue Spring Entrance & Parking Lots
Description of Duties:
The Traffic & Parking Attendant is expected to:
- Assist Park Staff with directing traffic at the Park entrance, French Ave and the two parking lots.
- Arrange/remove traffic cones at park entrance.
- Monitor park capacity and parking space availability.
- Close/open parking lots based on capacity.
- Maintain parking spaces and repaint parking space lines.
- Assist Park Staff at the Ranger Station with answering the phone line, answering visitor questions and assisting with campground/cabin check-in/out.
Benefits to Volunteer:
Volunteering allows you to maintain a valuable Florida resource and provide visitors with a positive and comfortable experience. The Traffic & Parking Attendant will gain experience in working in a high velocity atmosphere managing traffic and park visitors.
Volunteers are provided with a T-Shirt, name tag, and park specific training. Upon completion of 500 hours, volunteers receive an annual pass for all Florida State Parks. Volunteers are eligible for recognition and awards on a district and statewide level. Volunteers are also eligible for workers compensation if injured while volunteering. Volunteers are included in all park staff gatherings as well (potlucks, celebrations, holiday parties etc.)
Standards of Performance:
- It is essential for the Traffic & Parking Attendant to maintain a friendly and polite attitude.
- The Traffic & Parking Attendant must have a deep desire to aid park visitors.
- The Traffic & Parking Attendant should have a desire to continue to learn more about Blue Spring State Park and the Florida Park Service.
- Volunteers are considered staff by park visitors and may be evaluated as such by the public. Always show a professional attitude.
- Traffic & Parking Attendant will not discuss confidential park information including park staff/volunteer/employee personal information with the public.
- Traffic & Parking Attendant will not disclose the locations of any money, equipment or other park related sensitive items to the public.
- Traffic & Parking Attendant are expected to maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Any questions about the Traffic & Parking Attendant duties should be directed at Park Management.
- Traffic & Parking Attendant is expected to maintain a proper appearance at all times.
- No park vehicle will be operated after consuming alcohol of any amount.
- Personal safety is the responsibility of the Traffic & Parking Attendant. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the park. The Traffic & Parking Attendant is required to wear PPE as required for the task.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Desired:
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are needed.
- The ability to work with others in a high velocity atmosphere.
- The ability to operate a computer and other office equipment is helpful, but not necessary.
- The Traffic & Parking Attendant should enjoy working with the public.
All volunteers must be friendly and courteous to visitors at all times.